Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I absolutey HATE this word and its ilk

Architecting

This is quite possibly the most disgusting abomination in the English language! It's variants, Architected and Re-Architect, are just as bad. There aren't any such words. Before you start saying "well... it's a neologism," understand that it is just bad grammar foisted upon us by consultants who think the word design just isn't sexy enough.

Would a client rather have something redesigned, or re-architected?

Redesigned sounds rather mundane and doable. Re-Architected sounds expensive, requiring great magical ability. Before you get on my case about how I spell re-architected, remember it's a fake word. I can spell it any way I want.

The sad part is the number of seemingly intelligent, technical people using this word in normal conversation.

0 comments: